Frequently asked Questions

Joy can answer most of question concerning getting married in Florida. Like, where is the best spot to hold my wedding?

Ask Joy? She will help you choose the right location that will be both beautiful and convenient for you.

What locations, other than amusement parks, are available for wedding sites around Central Florida?
Orlando is known as The City Beautiful! It has many lakes, parks and gardens from which to choose. All provide lovely settings for any wedding. Many of these are available for weddings free of charge. Some require a nominal fee for a permit, and others are available for lease by the hour, or by the day.

o I need a license and/or blood test? 
Yes, you will need marriage license. However, blood tests are not required in the State of Florida. Here are some other important points to remember:

  • Generally, to secure a marriage license, both the bride and groom must be present at any of the county court houses in the State of Florida. The court houses are generally open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The license must be used within 60 days from the date issued.
  • Proper identification is necessary, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport.
  • The license costs $93.50, and may be used anywhere in the State of Florida. While there is a three-day hold on the license for Florida residents, out-of-state residents may use it immediately upon receipt. If you are unable to arrange your schedule to obtain your license prior to your wedding (for example, if you will arrive in Florida on a Friday night and plan to get married on Saturday or Sunday), Joy will obtain the marriage license for you for an additional fee.

What if either the bride or groom had a previous marriage?
Only the date and place of the last marriage is needed, unless the bride or groom has divorced within the past 30 days. In such cases, a copy of the divorce decree is required.

What happens to the license after the wedding service?
Joy will complete the license and return it the county to be recorded. She will give you a “Marriage Certificate” to provide you with proof of marriage until the actual recorded license is mailed to you from the issuing county, to certify that your marriage has been recorded in the State of Florida.